Search This Blog

Monday, December 28, 2009

12/27/2009

Great lectures!
What I really miss in America are the good lectures at Al-Huda, or Farhat Hashmi's inspiring words. Listening on the computer does not have the same effect as a live discussion. You learn so many new things, get inspired from the lives of the legends of Islam, and seeing so many brothers and sisters get inspired right next to you--it's mesmerizing.
This was only my second time coming to winter camp; the first time my Turkish was shaky at best and I couldn't follow anything. I used to get uncomfortable when people were getting emotional listening to the speaker. Now that I can follow along, my heart sings in praises for the speakers and I thank Allah for an opportunity to learn more about the Propher (saw) and the people who we should try to emulate in our own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments!