Search This Blog

Monday, January 4, 2010

A dinner worth talking about


01/02/2009

Let's start the year right, ok? How about inviting a dear family of five for dinner? Seven people plus lots of food equals, a great day to be home =)

On the menu was my version of Ezo Gelin soup, Rachel Ray's Beef Stroganoff, Binnur's Stuffed Chicken breasts, Kisir, my lovely turkish winter salad and Sekerpare (that could have used a lot less Semolina, THANKS Binnur!)

At the end of the early dinner/late lunch, we all headed to Brooklyn Heights so I could show the kids one of the neighborhoods shown most frequently in Bollywood movies filmed in NYC. The weather was bone chilling, so to speak, but we all braved the odds and took in the scenes from the Brooklyn Promenade.

We meant to go scarf shopping in Atlantic Avenue, but the weather and my uncle intervened and we had to postpone the spree. Farhat Baji, we're not done yet. One of these I'm going to whisk you away and share my favorite scarf stores with you.

P.S. I love your expression in this pic! Priceless =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments!