Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

What day is it?

No really, what day IS it?



I'm totally out of it. Just before iftaar, after preparing the food I laid down for a little rest. Before getting up, I sat up for a few seconds so the blood doesn't rush to my head when I stand up. I -stand up thinking I should be fine now and crash-bang into the dresser...blacked out.



Thankfully it only lasted a few seconds like all my black outs do...maybe it's not really a black out. Anywhooo...



Day 5 of Ramadan marked my birthday =) and I was lucky to have a great friend who offered to watch Monster while Wizard and I got dinner out at TJ Sushi (something he'd been craving for a long time.) So we kissed Monster bye and in the spirit of prancing out into the night sans toddler, forgot my camera at home.



I know!!! I kicked myself on your behalf.



Here is the extremely bad picture of an extremely delicious platter of TJ rolls... it's not often I pinch myself mid-bite to check to see if I've died and gone to heaven:



And me, after I took a long time to clean up to "appear" non-mom-like. Check out my huge earings.




Luckily, they're crochet and weightless. I haunted Etsy endlessly for something like these, and ended up finding them in a small shop in Newport, Rhode Island.

So, back to today and we're working on left overs from the last 5 days of Ramadan. Maybe I need to make this routine.

1 comment:

  1. OOH I love your earrings and it looks like you guys had fun on your night out. You clean up real well :) Ramadan Mubarek to you sis.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 Comments!