Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year!


Just like Eid is to Pakistan (and other Muslim countries), Christmas is to NYC. Some stores do the wild thing and stay open 24/7 for last minute shoppers, unaware that in a country far away, 24/7 shopping is the norm during Ramadan.

To me, the crowds in NYC are no different, the streets lit with holiday lighting none the brighter that what I grew up seeing in the streets of Karachi, Pakistan. In my own personal mind, when I'm in the middle of NY shoppers and tourists, I'm back in my country during Eid. Which is probably the real reason why I love Christmas time now so much.

We'd tried taking Monster to see the huge tree at Rockefeller Center twice before, once in 2008 and then in 2009. Both times, little miss Routine was fast asleep.


Above, 2008,

And here, again she's asleep on Wizard's back.



Finally this year, we saw her face light up brighter than the tree when she craned her neck upwards to taken in the giant!


We managed to show her the nutcrackers outside Radio City Hall in 2008 below:



But it was in 2010 she showed any interest in the giant-sized toys:


In spite of all that she does to make us tear our hair out and make Wizard go prematurely gray haired, I can't help but fall in love with her and every time she gives me this sweet big smile.

This girl is truly my little super Star!









1 comment:

  1. She's really getting big mashallah. Love the pics from NYC!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 Comments!